Senator Dianne Feinstein in 1994 couldn’t get the votes to get the Assault Weapon Ban bill passed. Now she’s trying again in 2013 and this bill does the following:
Summary of 2013 legislation
- Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
- 120 specifically-named firearms;
- Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and
- Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
- Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
- Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test;
- Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test; and
- Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans.
- Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
- Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
- Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
- Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes; and
- Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.
- Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
- Background check of owner and any transferee;
- Type and serial number of the firearm;
- Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
- Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
- Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.
Proposed September 25, 1798
Ratified December 15, 1791
A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
This is treason to our Republic and Senator Feinstein should be impeached. It commonsense that once you disarm law-abiding citizen that they are defenseless. All this talk about gun control the never the drugs that person was on at the time of the shooting.
Psychotropic Drugs like:
All link to the shooting that the FDA purposely approved.
On the summery it states “Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint” and thats when you register your guns. So you have to be fingerprinted and register like a sex offender.
The 2nd Amendment is there for a reason. Don’t let them fool you saying the 2nd Amendment is there for hunting. They know it was put in place by the founder so we protect the states again out-of-control tyrannical government as Alex Jones point it out on the Pier Morgan Show several days ago.
1776 will happen again if they try to take the guns, thats a fact.
It’s so crazy that the federal government want us to trust them with firearms but they can’t trust us with firearms?
Former Marine Joshua Boston wrote a letter to Senator Feinstein,
‘No ma’am,’ I won’t register my guns.